Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Annotated Bibliography

Kirsten Lambertson
English 101
Annotated Bibliography
5 April 2010
Darrow
Annotated Bibliography

LoBue & Majdalany Management Group. AMC Institute. Web. 2 March 2010.

This source will be a source that I look at to use most of my information for this paper. By just browsing it I have learned so much and I think it will be very useful for using to help me with my paper. LoBue and Majdalany Management Group provides many different types of management services. The four main ones that they advertise on the site are association management, membership administration, financial management and marketing programs. They are a group of professionals that offer different type of management advice depending of what is needed. At L&M they provide management expertise to companies, people and new comers into the management business. L&M has a link on their website where it has a list of the companies they help, and I think that by having that information it makes them look very credible. One thing on the website that stood out to me was when I went to the ‘Contact Us’ link they have offices in three parts of the world. L&M have three offices in America, one in Europe and one in Asia. I believe that just by seeing where their offices are located shows that they know what they are doing and is a very productive management group. L&M is very resourceful and is cost-efficient when it comes to dealing with customers. The entire staff holds a type of management degree, or is currently in school better their degree. To me as a prospective customer seeing that all employees have a management degree would make me very confident while using their business. L&M is a very productive management group.

Challenge Management Inc. Web. 29 March 2010.

.">.

This blog is for people who are involved with association management. The writer of this blog writes about different controversies, news and all he can about it. CMI stands for Challenge Management Inc, they are located in Dallas, TX. CMI supports numerous trade associations and helps professional societies in achieving their goals. Having an unknown author makes me a little concerned when using this blog for my paper. There are numerous quotes and evidence of things that the author is saying throughout the blog. He has pages and links for sites or events that he talks about. CMI helps organizations that are starting out or struggling to become the type of business they are looking to be. The heading on this page reads, “Observations on Association Management” to a reader this just makes it seem like one person’s opinion not actual fact. A positive thing about this blog is that it has so much different information it has a search bar that narrows it down and highlight the words put into it. To me that is a very helpful and easy technique to roam the blog. This would be useful for my paper because it expresses the difficulties that CMI is facing. One blog entry that I found that explained controversy was that managers need to learn to communicate with other managers and companies.

"The CAE "Controversy"." The Association Blog. 03/17/2005. Web. 7 Apr 2010.

.">.

Even though this particular article in the blog is five years old it holds significance in the business world today. CAE is the company that the blog talks about, and CAE is one the top civil aviation industry and defensive forces. The controversy they talk about is the fact that they don’t have proper management techniques to run it. It is a fairly short blog but hold a lot of importance to a reader interested in this topic. I think that this will be an excellent source to use in my paper because browsing the blog I have found a few more articles that I will be able to use in my paper. The reason why I like this blog more than other blogs I have came across because it uses an actual company having a problem. Before using this blog I looked up the CAE “Controversy” on google and came across many articles on the same subject. In the blog there is a question that sticks out and really makes the reader sit back and think. Yet, the author doesn’t supply an answer to the question they asked instead they leave it for the reader to determine. This source will help my paper out a lot with all the information that it has.

Thomas, Alan Berkeley. Controversies in Management: Issues, Debates, Answers. 2. New

York: Routledge, 2003. 260. Print.

I have not read this book but I have read some exerts from it and placed it on hold in the library. So the information that I have read so far gives me the impression that this book will be very useful for my paper. Alan Berkeley explains that the main controversy in management is the communication and thought process of the managers. What I liked about the introduction of the book was the author gave a time-line of how management came about. He explains to the reader how the job of a manager has increased over time. Before Berkeley tells the reader controversies in management he first explains what a controversy is. I think that this a well written book from someone with a lot of experience. I look forward to reading this book to help me further in the research for this paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment